Personal care assistance can improve the quality of life for those with limited mobility. Personal care assistants help the elderly maintain their dignity and independence by helping them with daily tasks. Hire a personal assistant to help your loved one.
ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) Assistance
- PCAs provide assistance with daily tasks, such as bathing, dressing, toileting and grooming. This assistance allows elderly people with limited mobility maintain their comfort and hygiene.
- PCAs are able to help with meal preparation, including planning, preparing and serving healthy meals. This will ensure that your loved ones get the nutrition they need.
- A personal assistant can remind loved ones to take medications according to schedule. This will ensure they get the treatment needed for their conditions.
- PCAs are able to organize medications, making it easier for seniors to manage their prescriptions.
- Transfers: PCAs help older people safely move between lying, sitting or standing positions. This reduces the risk of injuries and falls.
- Ambulation Support: Personal care assistance can include walking or mobility aids to ensure your loved one is able to move about their home comfortably and safely.
- PCAs are a valuable source of companionship for older people who feel lonely due to their limited mobility.Social interaction can reduce loneliness and improve mental health.
- Personal care assistants are able to engage elderly people in various activities such as puzzles, games or conversation, stimulating their minds and providing enjoyment.
PCAs are able to perform simple housekeeping duties, including laundry, dishwashing and cleaning. An organized and clean home can have a positive impact on the mental and physical health of older people.
- Medical appointments: Personal assistants are available to accompany elderly patients to their medical appointments. They can provide the necessary support and care during their visit.
- PCAs are available to assist elderly people with errands and social outings. This allows them to maintain their independence while remaining engaged in their communities.
Respite Care for Family Caregivers
- Self-care time: Hiring personal caregivers can give family caregivers a break, and allow them to focus on their well-being.
- Reduced stress – Knowing that your loved ones are being cared for by a PCA can reduce stress. It also provides peace of mind to family caregivers.
Personal care assistance is a valuable service for the elderly with limited mobility, and their family members. By helping with daily activities, medication administration, mobility assistance and companionship as well as light housekeeping and transportation, PCAs are able to improve your loved one’s quality of life.
All Home Health offers a wide range of in-home health care services. We are located in Bloomington, MN and service the entire Twin Cities area. Call us to find out how we can assist your family.